10 St. Louis Area Festivals and Events on Labor Day Weekend
Check out this round up of fun things happening Aug. 31 to Sept. 3, 2012.
Six area festivals leave you with a bevy of options for Labor Day weekend activities should you choose to stay in St. Louis.
- Big Muddy Blues Festival: Sept. 1 and 2, 1 p.m. to 11 p.m., event includes 30 bands and 20 hours of merchandise. General admission is $10 a day. Event takes place on Laclede's Landing in downtown St. Louis
- Japanese Festival at Missouri Botanical Garden: Sept. 1 and 2, 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Sept. 3, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Admission is $15, seniors $10, children 3-12 $5, garden members $5.
- Fall Art Fair at Queeny Park: Aug. 31, 6-9 p.m., Sept. 1, 10 a.m. to 6 p.m., Sept. 2, 11 a.m. to 4 p.m. Event includes more than 130 juried artists.
- Gateway Cup: Check out these four days of bike races in St. Louis neighborhoods. Head to Lafayette Friday Aug. 31 evening. Saturday, Sept. 1, head to Francis Park from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Sunday, the Giro della Montagna takes place in front of St. Ambrose church from 8:30 a.m. to 6 p.m., Monday, Sept. 3, see the Benton Park Classic from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Most days have recreational rides or kids races.
- St. Nicholas Greek Festival, Sept. 1-2, 11 a.m. to 9 p.m., Sept. 3, 11 a.m. to 8 p.m. Live music, church tours, folk dancing, gift shop and more. Free parking at the BJC garage on Forest Park. Church is located at Forest Park at Kingshighway.
- Labor Day Parade, held in downtown St. Louis Sept. 3 at 9 a.m. The parade will go East on Olive and 15th to Tucker, South on Tucker to Market, West on Market to 15th.