10 Things to Do on Christmas Day
Not everything is closed on Christmas day. You can enjoy ice skating, movies or volunteering with your friends and family if you're looking for a way to get out of the house.
After all the presents are open and the ham is eaten, what do you do? Fear not. Here are 10 things to do with your friends and family on Christmas day.
- The Movies- With several blockbusters scheduled to open on Christmas day, this is the perfect place to start a family tradition and a good excuse to get out of the house for a few hours. Lucky for O'Fallon families, Town Square 12 and Great Escape Theater are both conveniently located in town. Two blockbusters that open this weekend are, True Grit and Little Fockers.
- Ice Skate – If you feel like braving the cold, Steinberg Ice Skating Rink in Forest Park opens at 10 a.m. on Christmas and closes at midnight. Adult's admission is $6 and skate rental is $4. One admission is good all for the entire day. The Snowflake Café offers hot chocolate and other food items if you get hungry. If you get chilly, warm in the café or by the bonfire near the rink.
- Drive or walk around the neighborhood looking at holiday lights- A good cheap way for people to enjoy themselves this holiday season is to look at Christmas lights. You can walk off those two pieces of pie you just ate, or drive the family truckster around the block.
- Church- Aren't a member of a church, but still want to attend a Christmas service? Check out O'Fallon Patch's directory to find a church near you. O'Fallon Christian Church offers Christmas Day services 9 a.m. – 10:15 a.m. and 10:40 a.m. – noon. Liberty Christian Church has services from 5 – 6:30 p.m. and Church on the Rock in St. Peters has a service at 5 p.m.
- Volunteer – Want to give back something this holiday season besides that awful sweater your aunt made you? Volunteer. Messiah Lutheran Church in St. Louis on South Grand serves a Christmas meal for needy people.
- Starbucks - If you need a little liquid jolt on Christmas or want to meet up with a few friends, good news for you, Starbucks is open from 5:30 a.m. – 10p.m. O'Fallon's Starbucks is located at 4581 Highway K.
- Eat more – Whether you're still hungry after your holiday feast, you burnt the turkey or you're just not big on cooking—there are several restaurants that are open on Christmas day. Denny's, White Castle and Ihop are open all day.
- Go to a Show – Cirque Dreams: Holidaze is at the Fabulous Fox Theatre at 2 p.m. According to the Cirque Productions website, gingerbread men flip through the air, toy soldiers skillfully march on thin wires, snowmen daringly balancing, icemen sculpting powerfully, penguins spinning, puppets caroling and reindeer soaring high above a landscape of holiday wonderment. This rare aerobic show combines Christmas elements in with whimsical imagery and original musical score with some holiday favorites combined with dazzling costumes and a sparkling stage.
- Bars - Hot Shots and Bottoms Up Brewhouse in O'Fallon are open from 5 p.m. – 1:30 a.m. on Christmas. McGurks opens at 8:30 p.m. . Dave and Busters in Earth City also opens at 2 p.m. – midnight.
- Casino- Fact: Casinos never close. So, if you're feeling lucking and would like to burn some of that holiday money you just scored, head over to the Ameristar Casino and roll the dice or play a hand or two of cards.