11 Things to Do This Weekend in St. Charles County
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- O'Fallon's Celebration of Lights: The annual holiday lights display opens for the season on at 6 p.m. Friday, Nov. 23 and continues nightly through Dec. 30. Guests can make reservations for sleigh, train or carriage rides. Click here for more information.
- Christmas Traditions: This annual festival runs every Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Wednesday, starting Nov. 23, through Dec. 24. It features a cast of more than 30 Christmas characters including a Victorian-era Santa and Tiny Tim from A Christmas Carol. See hours here.
- Wentzvile Holiday Night Lights: In Rotary Park, 2577 West Meyer Rd., Wentzville. Guests walk through the holiday light displays and enjoy refreshments. Santa Claus will also stop by to visit with and take photos with children. Cost is $3. Children under age 6 are free.
- End of the World Party at Eddie's Pub featuring the 4th Street Band: Friday, Dec. 21 at 8:45 p.m. Eddie's Pub, 416 S 5th St., St. Charles. Hear a great variety of rock, blues and country favorites. No cover, cash only establishment.
- End of the World Party featuring Zack Weber @ Padavan's NY: Friday, Dec. 21 at 9 p.m. at Padavan's NY, 3249 Rue Royale, St. Charles. Go out with a bang and come to Padavan's for a night of music featuring Zack Weber, food and drink specials and Shocktops "End of the World" beer for a special price.
- Beyond the Lens VII: Friday and Saturday at Framations, 218 N Main St, St. Charles. This seventh annual exhibit encourages artists to enter recent work to be on display for the 5 week exhibit, hosted at Framations, on Historic Main Street in St. Charles. Artists from across the St. Louis region will have work represented. The exhibit will begin with an Opening Reception on December 21 from 6-8pm and will continue through January 24.
- City Centre Dance: Friday, Dec. 21 at St. Peters City Hall from 7-10 p.m. Adults are welcome to dance to the tunes of the ‘40s through ‘70s.
- Jehling Hardware Offers Free Train Rides, Photos With Santa on Saturday: Saturday, Dec. 22 children will visit with Santa and Mrs. Claus, receive a small gift bag and have a chance to ride the outdoor train for free from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. They can also play in a bounce house and enter a coloring contest. Jehling Hardware is located at 1133 North Main St., O'Fallon. Kids and adults are invited to see the famous Christmas train display from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Kids Night Out: Sunday, Dec. 23 at YMCA of St. Charles County, 3900 Shady Springs Ln., St. Peters. Kids ages 5-12 are invited to a night of games, movies, swimming and arts and crafts from 6:30-10 p.m.
- Find Santa's Helpers at Deer Run Library: On Sunday, Dec. 23 kids ages preschool-sixth grade are invited to count the elves for a chance to win a free paperback book at Deer Run Branch Library in O'Fallon.
- Pick Up the Crock-Pot Recipe of the Month: On Sunday, Dec. 23 at McClay Branch Library in St. Charles, adults are welcome to stop by pick up the recipe of the month and share one of their own.