All that snow doesn’t mean you have to stay inside this weekend. Check out our weekly list of events, classes and deals that provides suggestions for spending the weekend in O'Fallon.
- Break the little ones (and yourself) away from that Wii controller and go for the real sport. Fun for the whole family starts at O’Fallon Bowl where you can snag a cheap $2.50 game on Sundays. This deal is from 7 a.m. – 4 p.m. Shoe rentals cost an additional $3.
- If time to warm yourself with wine by the fireside is what you’ve been searching for, look no further. Rendezvous Café and Wine Bar offers over 400 different wines for every connoisseur to taste and try in their tranquil setting. This dim-lit nook is spacious with its wine bar, tasting table, party room and café area. Live music adds to the ambience every Friday. Acoustic guitar duo Kaylor and Tomasino cover a vast horizon in their musical inclination and will play Friday, Jan. 21, from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m.
- If you’re beginning you're looking to rekindle that marital bliss, seek the assistance of a program called Whole Hearted Marriages, offered by Assumption Catholic Church. This five-session Saturday program walks couples through the necessities to rebuild their relationship with one another each and every day for life. Orientation begins Saturday, Jan. 22, from 7-9 p.m. The program concludes with a dinner and dance Saturday, March 5. The cost is $50 per couple. Register online at assumptionbvm.org or call Shelly Schneider at 636-379-2538.
- Dine-in or pick-up to satisfy your hankering for a true St. Louis style pizza and toasted ravioli’s at Cecil Whittaker’s Pizzeria. Buy one 16’’ extra-large pizza and get one free, any number of toppings, no exceptions. Prices range from $16 to $22 depending on number of topping or specialty pizzas. The deal is ongoing and as sweet as their sauce.
- Work off that pizza with some heart-pulsing, sweat-drenching fun that is known as Zumba at The Fitness Fuzion. This Colombia originated intense aerobic workout can burn up to 700 calories within an hour. Latin, hip-hop and a hint of belly dancing make up Zumba’s unique blend of style. Choose from various Zumba classes offered most mornings, afternoons and evenings throughout the weekend at thefitnessfuzion.com. One of the perks of taking classes at Fuzion is their no commitment/no enrollment policy, making the drop-in rate just $6.