9 Things to Do in St. Charles County This Weekend
Each week, O'Fallon Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday-Sunday at T.R. Hughes Ballpark, 900 T R Hughes Blvd., O Fallon.
- What? Watch your local baseball team take on the Lake Erie Crushers this weekend. Games begin at 7:05 p.m. on Friday-Saturday. Sunday's game begins at 6:05 p.m. Visit the website for more information.
- When/Where? Friday, July 13 at 6 p.m. at Lutheran High School of St. Charles County, 5100 Mexico Rd, St. Peters.
- What? Relay For Life of Central St. Charles is a 12-hour overnight relay-style fundraising event for the American Cancer Society. The event runs from 6 p.m. July 13- 6 a.m. July 14. You can form a team, join a team, raise money, or volunteer. Cancer survivors who are not affiliated with a team are encouraged to sign up for the Survivor Lap for free. Cost is $10 to register as a team member and is free for cancer survivors. The event is free and open to the public. There will also be food, games, live music and Zumba along the track.
- When/Where? Friday, July 13 at 6 p.m. at Harris Automotive & Tire, 909 E Pearce Blvd, Wentzville.
- What? See historic hot rods cruise the streets. Cost is $10.
- When/Where? Friday at 7 p.m. and Saturday at 2 p.m. at the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts, 2300 W Clay St, St. Charles.
- What? See the Broadway show filled with bright sets, costumes, dancing and songs that all ages can enjoy.
- When/Where? Friday, July 13 at 6:30 p.m. at The Goddard School, 1513 Wentzville Pkwy, Wentzville.
- What? Join the school as they celebrate their third birthday with hotdogs, cotton candy, games, a balloon artist and more. This open house is for children ages six weeks to six years old.
- When/Where? Friday, July 13 at 7 p.m. at St. Charles County Family Arena, 2002 Arena Pky, St. Charles.
- What? Watch teams of firefighters and police box to benefit Backstoppers, an organization that supports families of fallen firefighters and police officers. The event is free, but parking is $10.
- When/Where? Saturday, July 14 at 9:30 a.m. at the St. Peters Cultural Arts Centre, 1 Saint Peters Centre Blvd, St. Peters.
- What? Children in third through sixth grades are invited to learn new skills and share writing with others. Cost is $15.
- When/Where? Saturday, July 14 at 11 a.m. at the VFW, 1414 Highway Z, Wentzvile.
- What? Help a local Eagle Scout raise funds to build and install benches at Strong Tower Ranch. The meat shoot includes 11 rounds. First 10 are 50/50 and meat rounds at $3. Round 11 is 70/30 at $5. Children aged 11 may shoot with parents. Shooters age 16 years old may participate without a parent with a Hunter Ed Course. Food and drinks will be available for purchase.