Candidate Filing For O'Fallon April Election Begins Tuesday
O'Fallon will elect five council members and a mayor. The Fort Zumwalt School Board will fill two seats.
Candidate filing for the April 2, 2013 election begins Tuesday, Dec. 11 and runs until Jan. 15 for both the O'Fallon municipal elections and the Fort Zumwalt School Board.
City of O'Fallon
Filings for the city's five wards and mayor position will be accepted at the West City Hall entrance on the first day of filing only, from 8 a.m –5 p.m. Council members serve three-year terms. The mayor serves a four-year term.
After Dec. 11, filing continues in the city clerk's office Monday through Friday from 8 a.m.-5 p.m. Each candidate must file in person, and pay a $25 fee filed with the City Clerk.
- Must be a registered voter
- Must have lived in their ward at least one year prior to election
- Must be 21 years old by election day
The last day for filing is Jan. 15. Candidates will appear on the ballot in the order they have filed.
Fort Zumwalt School District
Two three-year positions are open on the Fort Zumwalt Board of Education. Scott Grasser and Carol Russell's terms end this April.
Candidates can file at the superintendent's office located at 110 Virgil Street on Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Filing will end on Jan. 15.
The district offices are closed: Dec. 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 31 and Jan. 1, as well as days that the district is closed due to inclement weather.
- Citizen of the United State of America
- Voter of the district
- Resident of Missouri for a minimum of one year preceding the election.
- 24 years of age
- Eligible to hold office in accordance with Missouri law.
- Not serving a sentence or period of probation for a felony or a crime that if committed in Missouri would be a felony. Have never pled guilty or nolo contendere nor been convicted under Missouri law or the law of another jurisdiction of a felony connected with the exercise of the right of suffrage.
- Not registered or required to be registered as a sex offender under Missouri law.
- Have filed all required campaign disclosure reports for all previous elections in which a candidate and have paid all fees assessed by the Missouri Ethics Commission, if applicable.