Eastbound I-64 Downtown to Fully Close This Weekend
The Missouri Department of Transportation reports on its St. Louis work zones for November 15-21.
The Missouri Department of Transportation (MoDOT) will close all lanes and ramps on the eastbound double deck structure downtown from Jefferson Avenue to the Poplar Street Bridge, starting at 7 p.m. Friday, November 16. Since work is directly over downtown lanes of Interstate 55 and I-70, traffic on those interstates may be shifted as crews work overhead.
All eastbound I-64 lanes and most ramps should reopen by 5:30 a.m. Monday.
This should be the final major closure on the interstate as part of the project to remove and replace the driving surface. Drivers can still expect some lane closures on the double deck structure during off-peak traffic hours to smooth the pavement.
Crews will also close all lanes on eastbound and westbound I-70 at the Blanchette Bridge over the Missouri River on Sunday from 10 a.m. to 11 a.m. to demolish part of the westbound bridge. Crews will close the interstate between I-270 in St. Louis County and Route 94 in St. Charles County. Crews will reopen lanes after debris from the demolition has been removed.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-70, (westbound section of the Interstate 70 Blanchette bridge over the Missouri River) will remain closed fall 2013. The eastbound I-70 bridge will be used to carry three lanes of traffic in each direction.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the ramps from Forest Park Avenue and Pine Street to eastbound I-64 is closed around the clock through November.
- I-70, St. Louis City, the exit ramp from westbound I-70 to Madison is closed until mid-December.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012. Detour to Jamieson Avenue bridge.
- I-55, Jefferson County, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed until spring 2013.