Bird lovers of all ages are welcome to Fort Zumwalt Park for a weekend of counting the birds and other activities for O’Fallon’s annual Great Backyard Bird Count (GBBC) on Friday, Feb. 17 through Monday, Feb. 20.
The free event includes activities and exhibits for beginning and experienced birders. Reservations are needed to particpate in the Bird Identification Program. To register, just call 636-379-5502, or email email@example.com. Parking is free.
The Great Backyard Bird Count aims to spot and identify birds wintering in the U.S. and Canada. New this year, participants are encouraged to take photos and enter the photo contest online.
O’Fallon’s Great Backyard Bird Count Schedule
Friday, February 17
- 7 a.m. Bird Count (for serious birders)
Saturday, February 18
- 10 a.m. or 12:30 p.m. Bird Identification Program (reservations required)
- 11 a.m. or 1:30 p.m. Bird Walk and Count
- 10 a.m.-2 p.m. St. Louis Audubon Society exhibit
- 11 a.m.-2 p.m. Kids’ activities
Sunday, February 19
- 8 a.m. Bird Count (for serious birders)
- 10 a.m. Bird Count (for families)