Here's Johnny's: New Owner Changes Name to 'Callahan's Sports Bar & Grill'
The sports bar is located at 1322 Sunburst Dr. in O'Fallon.
Editors Note: This article was updated with the correct date for the ribbon cutting at 10:40 a.m.
A local bar is undergoing a transformation and will soon celebrate with a grand opening.
Here's Johnny's, located at 1322 Sunburst Dr., was open in O'Fallon for nine years before shutting down for several months over the summer.
New owner John Callahan re-opened the establishment in September.
While Here's Johnny's was known for their live music, with car and movie memorabilia on the walls--Callahan says he's taking the restaurant in a new direction.
"We wanted to make it more of a sports bar--more family friendly," Callahan said.
Callahan and his crew have already repainted the sports bar and added several large TVs for a total of 12 screens for customers to watch their favorite teams play.
The next steps are rolling out a brand new menu and name: Callahan's Sports Bar & Grill.
The grill is currently open, but a ribbon cutting and grand opening to debut the new name and menu is scheduled for Thursday, Dec. 20.
Callahan is no stranger to the restaurant and bar scene. In the business for 22 years, he opened Callahan's Corner in Troy, IL two years ago and worked for Hot Shots for 15 years.
The Florissant native said he decided to open Callahan's Sports Bar & Grill after an old friend who lives in O'Fallon told him the space was available.
What's on the menu at Callahan's Sports Bar & Grill:
- Callahan said one of the main attractions is the "build your own pizza and burgers." Customer's can choose their toppings and customize their meal.
- They also offer a Reuben sandwich and hope to gradually add some more Irish flare to the menu.
- Appetizers include loaded fries, ballpark nachos, onion rings, pub burgers and more.
- Full menu includes: Soups, salads, burgers, pizza, pasta, fish and more.
- Sides include: beans, chips, slaw, fries, mashed potatoes, sweet potato fries, tater tots, salad and vegetable of the day.
- Desserts: Cheesecake, peach cobbler, ice cream and brownies.
- Kids Menu: Chicken fingers, hotdog, burger, grilled cheese and pizza.
Specials & More:
- If you love football, you can check out the NFL Package Specials on Sundays.
- Daily lunch specials 7 days a week for $5.95.
- Daily dinner specials 7 days a week for $7.95.
- Check out daily drink specials.
- Callahans features "Free Pizza Parties" for businesses that call in advance.
- Look for holiday specials and discounts in December.
- You can order food for pick up by calling: 636-272-6080.
You can visit the sports bar and grab some food or a drink on Monday-Saturday from 11 a.m. to 1:30 a.m. or Sunday from 11 a.m. to midnight.
Check out the ribbon cutting and grand opening of Callahan's Sports Bar & Grill on Thursday, Dec. 20 at 3 p.m. Callahan said he will offer drink and food specials from the opening until Sunday.