Look! Shops Hosts Grand Opening Weekend in O'Fallon
The retail incubator is located at 991 Waterbury Falls Dr.
LOOK! Shops opened for business on Wednesday, Aug. 1 and this weekend they will celebrate with a ribbon cutting and grand opening events.
The unique new shop, located at 991 Waterbury Falls Dr., began construction in May.
Co-owners Kathy Machisen and Rebecca Riegerix describe the shop as a new concept for retail.
They rent smaller spaces, including shelves and large cubbies for other businesses and entrepreneurs to set up shop and sell their products.
The shop is designed to sell merchandise from new start-ups, expanding, downsizing or online businesses. It also serves as a place to test new products and help the “mini-preneuer” get started.
As O'Fallon Patch previously reported, the new shop takes its name from a foundation started by the Machisen's parents Ray and Darlene Henry called Look: Let’s Outfit Our Kids.
The organization helps raise money for local kids in need of clothes, shoes, school supplies, recreational equipment and more.
Machisen and Riegerix said they will donate a portion of Look! Shops proceeds to the foundation to help it grow.
At this weekend's event, guests can enjoy drawings, raffles, food, beverage tastings, live music, massages, demonstrations, Jimmy John's food specials, face painting and more.
The grand opening event begins with a ribbon cutting by the O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce on Friday, September 14 at 3:30 p.m. Saturday and Sunday will offer hands-on fun, entertainment, demonstrations, classes and food. Events will run from 10 a.m.-5 p.m. both days.
Look! Shops Grand Opening Event Schedule:
Saturday, Sept 15th, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Noon - 4pm - Music by Deuces Wild
- Various events beginning at 10:30am - Demonstrations from Rock Jewelry Creations, Scentsy, Grace Adele Handbags, continuing into the afternoon with kids Bracelet Making by 3rd Generation Jewelry, Tavern Valley Clay, Crocheting 101 by Less Stats More Crafts.
- Other events happening throughout the day will be food samplings, face painting, Jimmy John's food specials, Dirk's Fund Golden Retriever Animal Rescue and more.
Sunday, Sept 16th, 10 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Noon - 4pm - Music by Nick Calandro the Crooner
- Various events beginning at 11:30 - Skin Assessment by Clinigen-Hill, Juice Plus Presentation, 31 Gifts Bags, Little Darlin' TuTus, Wine Tasting, Dove Chocolate Martini, Tavern Valley Clay demonstration.
- Other events happening throughout the day include food samplings, face painting, Jimmy John's food specials and more.