Man Charged With O'Fallon Thefts, Including Several From a Relative's Home
O'Fallon Police said the man also broke into Firestone Complete Auto Care and shoplifted from Walmart.
A man has been charged with several O’Fallon burglaries and thefts, including burglarizing a relative’s home twice.
Justin M. Saali, 30, of the 300 block of Church Street in O’Fallon, was charged Monday with theft and possessing drug-related items. He also was charged Nov. 27 with three counts of second-degree burglary, three counts of stealing and one count of forgery.
O’Fallon Police said the charges against Saali are for the following crimes:
- Kicked out a window and entered Firestone Complete Auto Care at 504 South Main Street in O’Fallon on June 2, taking $235 from the safe;
- Entered a relative’s home in the 300 block of School Street on Sept. 19 and Oct. 7, stealing gift cards, coins and jewelry valued at $1,192;
- Stole a computer Oct. 4 from the relative's home and gave it to his girlfriend to pawn;
- Stole a check from a relative and forged her name on the check, buying a bag of ice and receiving $50 cash back;
- Stole a Pro Beauty Tools Straightener from Walmart, 1307 Highway K, on Oct. 30.
Saali told police he stole the items to sell them and use the money to buy drugs. After police arrested him at Walmart on Oct. 30, police said he consented to a vehicle search. During the search, police said they found a tube with trace amounts of methamphetamine.
Police said Saali admitted being a heroin addict, and said he used the money gained from the thefts to buy the drug.
Bail was set at $20,000, cash only, on the Nov. 27 burglary and theft charges; and bail was set at $20,000 for the computer theft and forgery charge. Bail was set at $10,000, cash only, for the Oct. 30 Walmart theft charge.
For more crime information on O'Fallon Patch, see the following articles:
- O'Fallon Police Interrupt Burglary, Sexual Assault
- O'Fallon Woman Awakes to Man Standing Over Her Bed
- Police: Woman Charged With Three O'Fallon Burglaries