O'Fallon volunteers of all ages are giving back to the community on Saturday in honor of "9/11 National Day of Service and Remembrance."
United Way of Greater St. Louis helped organize projects throughout the St. Louis community for the 11th anniversary of 9/11 in honor of those who lost their lives and those who showed great courage during the terrorist attacks.
Citizens United in Service includes several projects:
- Sprucing up the Police Department range and paint free-standing barricades
- Delivering Neighborhood Watch brochures in local subdivisions
- Sorting and boxing donated items for shipment to troops deployed overseas
- Writing and decorating “thank you” cards to military members and their families
- Cleaning and brightening O’Fallon Veterans Memorial Walk, green space and roadside
O'Fallon also participated in the Support Our Troops Supply Drive and residents dropped off personal care items and small packages of snacks to be sent to military men and women overseas.
If you're looking for a way to help out, the city is also hosting a blood drive at City Hall from 9:30 a.m. - 1 p.m.