Information provided by the City of O'Fallon.
Treat your friends and loved ones to a tour through O’Fallon’s 21st Annual Celebration of Lights in Fort Zumwalt Park, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366. The annual holiday lights display opens for the season on at 6 p.m. Friday, November 23 (the day after Thanksgiving), and continues nightly through December 30, except for Christmas on December 25, when it will be closed.
“Visitors will find the woods, picnic areas and playgrounds magically transformed by millions of twinkling lights and holiday scenes into a winter wonderland offering surprises around every corner,” said Marsha Seymour, Manager of O’Fallon’s Tourism and Festivals Department.
There are several ways to see the sights.
Here’s a breakdown of the 2012 Celebration of Lights schedule, admissions and who to contact to reserve a special ride.
Drive-through, no reservations needed:
- 6 – 9 p.m. Sunday, and Tuesday through Thursday (except Tuesday, December 11).
- 6 – 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday.
Admission: $9 for cars, $15 for commercial vans, $1 per person on tour buses ($25 minimum).
o Tuesday Night Special - $7 for all non-commercial vehicles
o Wednesday – Sunday, bring a food pantry donation of canned or boxed goods and get a $1 discount per vehicle.
Make reservations for:
- City Train rides – “Monday Night Special” train rides through the Celebration of Lights can be booked for November 26, December 3, 10 and 17 while spaces last, and must be reserved in advance. No other vehicles will be allowed in the park. The cost is $7 per person for ages 12 and up, and $5 for children ages 1 – 11. Infants 11 months and under are free, but reservations must be made for everyone. Call 636-379-5502, or email email@example.com.
- Sleigh-Hayrides – Available on Tuesdays (except Dec. 11), Wednesdays, and Thursdays, rides last approximately 25 minutes and must be scheduled in advance; please call 636-379-5502, or email firstname.lastname@example.org. The cost is $100 per group for up to 25 people, including children on laps. To get the date you want, reserve rides as soon as possible.
- Horse-drawn carriage and wagon rides – Rides must be reserved in advance. Contact the Carousel Farms and Carriage Company at email@example.com or 636-390-4403. Rides are approximately 30 minutes.
- Private carriages are $50 for the first two passengers, and $10 for each additional passenger for up to four adults
- Private wagons are $150 for up to 12 passengers
- Community wagons are $10 per passenger; passengers will be seated with other parties.
- Children age 4 and under ride free if seated on a paying adult’s lap.
The Celebration of Lights is sponsored by the City of O’Fallon with participation by local businesses and civic organizations. A portion of the admission money goes to local charities. For more information, visitwww.ofallon.mo.us/COL or call 636-379-5614.
DIRECTIONS to Fort Zumwalt Park:
- From I-70, take Exit 216 at Bryan Road in O’Fallon. Turn south on Bryan Road, then left at the first light onto Veterans Memorial Parkway, and continue east on Veterans Memorial Parkway for about 1.5 miles to the entrance to Fort Zumwalt Park, on the right.
- From I-64/Highway 40-61, take the WingHaven Blvd. exit north; continue north (as WingHaven becomes Bryan Road) for about 6 miles to Veterans Memorial Parkway (stoplight); turn left on Veterans Memorial Parkway and drive east about 1.5 miles to the Fort Zumwalt Park entrance on the right.