Patch Picks: Local Summer Camp Options for Kids
Patch Picks provides a list of places to check out or things to do each week from our editors and readers.
It’s about time to start registering your kids for summer camp and O'Fallon Patch is here to help! This week, we've compiled a list of local programs to keep your kids busy when school’s out.
Gator Camp in Civic Park
Sign up kids age five to 12 for this O’Fallon day camp at Alligator’s Creek Aquatic Center. Camp begins on June 6 and weekly sessions will be held until Aug. 5. The program incorporates sports, games, crafts, swimming and a weekly field trip or pizza party. Field trips include the St. Louis Zoo, St. Louis Science Center, Sk8 Galaxy Day and more. Camp runs from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Before and after-care for campers is available at an additional cost. Gator Camp is $84 per session for residents and $94 for non-residents. Field trip fees are included in the cost of each weekly session. Registration for O’Fallon residents opens at 7 a.m. on Saturday, March 26. Non-residents are invited to register beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday, April 4
Camp Jack at the Renaud Spirit Center
O’Fallon also offers this camp option for kids age five to 12 at the Renaud Spirit Center. This camp also offers sports, crafts and field trips for campers. Camp JACK opens on May 31 and runs from 9 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. Before and after-care for campers is available at an additional cost and field trip fees are included in the cost of each weekly session. Registration for O’Fallon residents opens at 7 a.m. on Saturday, March 26. Non-residents are invited to register beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday, April 4. Camp JACK is $90 per session for residents; $100 for non-residents
To register for the O’Fallon camps, come to the Renaud Spirit Center at 2650 Tri Sports Circle. Only parents and guardians can register children. Kids can be enrolled in just one session or all sessions, if enrollment space allows.
O'Fallon's British Soccer Camp
O’Fallon and Challenger Sports have teamed up to host the week long British Soccer camp for children ages three to 14 during the week of July 25th – July 29th, at O’Fallon Sports Park.
The camp will run Monday through Friday and each player will be coached by a member of Challenger’s British coaching staff. Kids will learn soccer skills, drills, tournament style plays and customs of other countries.
Each camper will receive a free T-shirt, soccer ball, poster and a skills performance evaluation. Those who register early will receive a free replica soccer jersey. To sign up for the camp, visit www.challengersports.com.
"College for All Kids" Summer Camps at St. Charles Community College
St. Charles Community College’s. (SCC) "College for ALL Kids" is now enrolling for more than 40 day camps and programs held between June 6-Aug. 12, for kids ages four to 18. The programs are held Monday-Friday with before and after care available. Camps include themed programs featuring everything from arts, theater, music, Spanish and reading.
- In "Under the Sea Art Adventures" four to six year olds will spend a week of creating mosaics and sea creatures using multi-media art.
- Kids ages five to 12 will build a robot in "Lego Robotics" or test their tracking skills using handheld GPS units to find buried caches in "Geocaching - The Search for Treasure."
- Students may join the "CSI SCC" team to sniff out forgeries and fakes or solve mysteries through reading in "Young Detectives Reading Adventures."
- Soccer camps for kids ages five to 12 will be offered by the SCC men's and women's soccer coaches and held on SCC's collegiate size soccer field. New this year is a volleyball camp for kids ages 11-14 on SCC's sand volleyball court.
- In "Camp Glee," middle school and high school students will be taught to dance and sing by a professional director and choreographer.
The cost of the SCC summer programs range from $95-$209. To find out more, contact SCC Continuing Education at 636-922-8233 or visit their website www.stchas.edu/learnforlife.