Rick Lucas: Candidate for O'Fallon City Council, Ward 1
Rick Lucas is running for a three-year term on the O'Fallon City Council.
Name: Rick Lucas
Family: 1 son
Education: Graduate Southern Arkansas University
Occupation: Service Technician for Diebold, Incorporated, 33 years
Previous elected offices: 7 years O’Fallon City Council
Number of years living in O'Fallon: 23
Organizations: Board of Directors Elks lodge 2587
1. What is the primary reason you are running for this office?
I will continue to improve the economic development in O’Fallon. I am working with staff on several plans in this area and I want to see them thru to completion.
2. What will be your single most important priority if you get elected? To increase the revenue streams into the city to pay for the services to the residents without increasing taxes.
3. What's your favorite thing about O'Fallon?
Small town feel with the big city conveniences. O’Fallon is one of the safes cities in the country.
4. What is the biggest problem you see in O'Fallon?
Drawing additional businesses and revenue sources to the city. I am currently working with the economic development staff on plans to address these needs.
5. What is your vision for O'Fallon?
While we are the largest city in St. Charles county, I want to see the city to become a destination draw. This should including more businesses to the High Tech area, improved business development in the north city including a grocery store.
6. If an incumbent, why do you think you should retain your seat? If you are challenging an incumbent, what do you think qualifies you for the position more than the incumbent?
In the 7 years on the council, O’Fallon’s portion of the property tax is down almost 30% from .785% in 2006 to .5512 % in 2012. All of this while in a tough economy, I have helped to improve and increase the services provided to the residents during this time. There is more that can be done and I am working on plans that I want to see thru to completion.