The city celebrates the season this weekend with the 28th annual O'Fallon Fall Fest.
The weekend begins with a street dance on Friday, Oct. 12 from 5-10 p.m. on Civic Park Drive. The dance party features Sunset Amusement performing covers from Adele to ZZ Top and country music hits.
There's still time to sign up for the Fall Fest 5K until the end of Friday, Oct. 12. The 3.1 mile race will begin outside City Hall at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, October 13. Snacks and drinks are provided after the race. All participants are automatically eligible for the Fall Costume Contest at no extra charge. Register in person through Oct. 12 at O'Fallon's Parks and Recreation Administrative Office or all 636-379-5606.
On Saturday, the Fall Fest continues in Civic Park on Saturday,from 10 a.m. – 5 p.m., with specialty booths, music, family-friendly entertainment, food and more. Parking and admission are free.
Fall Fest Entertainment and Activities Schedule:
- 10 a.m., 1 p.m. – Aaron Burlbaw will play acoustic guitar music outside the O’Fallon Historical Society’s Log Cabin Museum. www.Acoustikelement.com
- 10 a.m., 2 p.m. – The Home Depot Kids’ Workshop will provide build-and-take craft projects, free.
- 11 a.m. – Hillbilly Authority will perform country music, traditional country, new age country and southern rock on the Main Stage. www.hillbillyauthority.net
- 11:30 a.m., 1, 2 and 4 p.m. – Timmy the Tractor life-sized character will visit with kids at the Gazebo as author Angie Wyatt signs copies of Timmy the Tractor: His Hay Day. An activity for kids also will be available. www.timmythetractor.com/
- 1:30 – 2 p.m. – Casey the Entertainer will present a one-person variety show near the bandstand, and stroll the festival grounds during the event. Casey is a ventriloquist, puppeteer, mime, juggler and magician who also can ride a unicycle and a miniature bicycle. www.CaseyTheEntertainer.com
- 2:30 p.m. – The Ramblers will play acoustic bluegrass, country and Americana music (Main Stage).www.gigsalad.com/the_ramblers_st_louis
- All day - O’Fallon Historical Society’s Log Cabin Museum tours, free (donations are welcome).http://ofallonmohistory.org/museum.html
Directions: At I-70 Exit 217 (Highways K and M), turn north on Main Street and drive about one-half mile. Look for signs to parking.
Free Parking At:
- The O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall), 100 North Main Street, O’Fallon, MO 63366
- Woodlawn Avenue at Civic Park Drive (off-street parking)