12 Things to Do in St. Charles County This Weekend
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- Cabin Fever Book Fair: The Friends of the Library host the annual Cabin Fever Book Fair from Friday-Saturday at VFW Post 5077, 8500 Veteran's Memorial Parkway, O'Fallon. Admission is free. Book fair features children and teen fiction and non-Fiction books at just 25¢ each. VHS and books on tape are individually priced. Hours are 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Create Your Own Pasta Night at Rendezvous: Friday at 6 p.m. at Rendezvous Cafe & Wine Bar, 217 S Main St, O Fallon. Chef Josh creates a pasta dish to your specificiations.
- 7th Annual Home Builders Association Auction: Friday at 6:30 p.m. at The Columns Banquet Center, 711 Veterans Memorial Pky., St. Charles. Meet special guests, Jack "the Ripper" Clark, Todd Worrell, Robby McGehee and Steve Stipanovich, plus a surprise guest. Cost is $59 per ticket includes open bar and appetizer buffet. Small fee for autographs and photos. All proceeds to benefit the Home Builders Charitable Foundation.
- Live Music at the Rendezvous: Friday at 7 p.m. at Rendezvous Cafe & Wine Bar, 217 S Main St, O Fallon. Hear the acoustic tunes of Kevin DeSain, Ann Stoverink and Steve Hagler.
- Wentzville Parks and Recreation Board Meeting: Friday at 7 p.m. at Progress Park, 968 Meyer Rd, Wentzville.
- Acoustic Night at The Bridge: Friday at 7:30 p.m. at The Bridge, 3224 Rue Royale Apt 1, St. Charles.
- Responder Rescue King's Ball: Saturday at 8 p.m. at Ameristar Casino, 1 Ameristar Blvd, St. Charles. This formal ball kicks off the Mardi Gras festivities in St Louis. Includes silent auction, open bar all nite, appetizers and entertainment by The Smash Band. Order your tickets online at www.kingsball.org. All proceeds benefit Responder Rescue. A 501(c)(3) organization that helps sick or injured firefighters, police officers and EMTs of Missouri.
- DAR Lineage Workshop.: Saturday at 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Deer Run Branch Library, 1300 N Main St, O Fallon. The Caroline Close Stuart Chapter of the Daughters of the American Revolution will host a free DAR Genealogy/Lineage Research Workshop to assist those women 18 years of age or older who are interested in joining the DAR, and can prove a direct bloodline to a Revolutionary War Patriot.
- 10th Annual Polar Bear Plunge: Saturday begining at 10 a.m. at Lake Saint Louis Community Association, 100 Cognac Court, Lake Saint Louis. The Plunge is an opportunity for people all around St. Louis to get together and support local Special Olympics Missouri athletes by charging into the winter waters of Missouri. The proceeds collected from the event go directly to year-round sports training and competitions for more than 7,800 children and
adults with disabilities in the St. Louis area. Visit somo.org or call 314-961-7755 for more information.
- SCC to Host Comedy Night: Saturday at 7 p.m. at St. Charles Community College in Cottleville. The show is rated PG-13. Tickets are $10 for the general public and $5 for SCC students with a valid ID. Purchase tickets online at stchastickets.com or through the SCC box office at 636-922-8050. For more information, contact Mandi Smith, SCC student activities coordinator, at 636-922-8469 email@example.com.
- 3rd Annual Mouse Races: Saturday at 7 p.m. at 1975 S Old Highway 94, St. Charles. Crider Health Center's Young Professionals Board of Directors host this event. Tickets are $25 per person or $160 for a table for eight. Space is limited so hurry and purchase your tickets today. Register by visiting www.cridercenter.org or by calling Christina at 636-332-2134.