11 Things to Do This Weekend in St. Charles County
Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County the weekend of Oct. 5-7.
As we head into the weekend, Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, Oct. 5 at 6 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. at Morning Star Church, 1600 Feise Rd., Dardenne Prairie.
- What? Fam Jam brings parents and kids together for an evening of live productions, music, drama, and comedy with a look at the Bible.
- When/Where? Friday-Sunday, all day at 3998 Mid Rivers Mall Dr., St. Peters.
- What? The Carnival features 14 rides, food and game booths. Additional parking is available at St. Charles Community College.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 6 from 9 a.m. to noon at O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall), 100 North Main St.
- What? Seniors and family members are invited to the 4th Annual St. Charles County Senior Fair, to hear speakers discuss specialty services and seniors’ issues such as home health care and veterans’ benefits. The fair includes vendors offering health care services, health screenings and refreshments, raffles and prizes. Flu vaccinations will be available for $25. Admission and parking are free.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 6 at 9 a.m. at Frontier Park, 500 S Riverside Dr., St. Charles.
- What? Walk to help raise money for ASMBS (American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery) Foundation and Obesity Action Coalition (OAC) fight one of the nation’s leading causes of death and disability. To register or for more information, visit www.ssmweightloss.com.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 6 at 8 p.m. at the J. Scheidegger Center for the Arts, 2300 W Clay St, St. Charles.
- What? Arrival from Sweden is a cover band that performs the hits of ABBA. Tickets start at $24.50 and go to $42.50.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 6 at 11 a.m. at Barnes & Noble Booksellers, 320 Mid Rivers Ctr,., St. Peters.
- What? Come in for Star Wars storytime, a costume contest and Star Wars Trivia.
- When/Where? Saturday, Oct. 6 at 11 a.m. at Lowe's Lake St. Louis, 6302 Ronald Reagan Dr., Lake Saint Louis.
- What? This second annual event features vendors, rides and three live bands over the course of two days. This is a family event featuring a children's area and for adults, brats and beer. Carnival food and drinks are available for purchase.
- When/Where? Sunday, Oct. 7 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. in front of the Kohls Department Store on Highway K.
- What? The public is invited to this free event that features area fire departments displaying their trucks and demonstrations from community safety groups. Four people will have a chance to win dinner at the fire house.
- When/Where? Sunday, Oct. 7 at 8:30 p.m. at Frontier Park, 500 S Riverside Dr., St. Charles.
- What? This event is sponsored by Partners for Progress (PfP) of Greater St. Charles in cooperation withcBig River Running Company, the MO’ Cowbell Half Marathon made its debut in 2011 and met its capacity with 1,500 runners. This year the event is expected to draw 4,000 or more participants. Registration is now $75. Click here to register.
- When/Where? Sunday, Oct. 7 from 11 a.m. to midnight at Shamrocks Pub and Grill, 4177 Veterans Memorial Drive in St. Peters.
- What? Sgt. Kyle Aslin, 25, of O'Fallon, suffered a massive stroke in early August and now he and his wife Stephanie are struggling to pay medical bills. Shamrocks will donate 15 percent of the days proceeds to help the Aslin family. The benefit includes 50/50 drawings, raffles and a general goodwill collection. All proceeds will benefit the Aslins with their growing medical expenses.
- When/Where? Sunday, Oct. 7 at 9 a.m. at Quail Ridge Park, 5275 Quail Ridge Pkwy., Wentzville.
- What? Westinn Kennels hosts this walk for Stray Rescue. Stray Rescue's mission is to rescue stray animals in need of medical attention, restore them to health and place them in loving adoptive homes. For More information check us out on the web at www.WestinnKennels.com