This Weekend: World Series Trophy Visits O'Fallon
Each week, O'Fallon Patch features a planner with weekend events in and around St. Charles County.
As we head into the weekend, O'Fallon Patch rounds up a list of events going on in St. Charles County.
- When/Where? Friday, April 6 from 3-7 p.m. at 2500 Highway K in O'Fallon.
- What? The St. Louis Cardinals 2011 World Series trophy is on display in OFallon and fans are welcome to bring cameras and take photos for free.
- When/Where? Friday, April 6 at 7 p.m. at _Rendezvous Cafe & Wine Bar, 217 S Main St. in O Fallon.
- What? Listen to the acoustic music of Kevin DeSain, Ann Stoverink and Steve Hagler while enjoying your dinner or drinks.
- When/Where? Friday, April 6 at 6:30 p.m. at St. Charles Community College, 4601 Mid Rivers Mall Dr. in Cottleville.
- What? This new program for kids and teens offers culinary arts, jewelry making and yoga. Cost ranges from $29 to $59. Register for classes _online_. For more information, call 636-922-8233._
- When/Where? Saturday, April 7 at 10:30 a.m. at Progress Park, 968 Meyer Rd. in Wentzville.
- What? Children will play with bubble toys, wands and have a chance to get inside a bubble in the bubble pool. The group will be outside weather permitting. Cost is $12 Residents and $15 Non-Residents.
- When/Where? Saturday, April 7 at 8 p.m. at Picasso's Coffee House, 101 N Main St. in St. Charles.
- What? Hear Ed Yother play traditional Irish music for his final performance at the coffee house.
- When/Where? Saturday, April 7 at 9:45 a.m. at 2679 Dietrich Rd. in Foristell.
- What? The St. Charles County Hiking Series takes a trip through the area's largest park system. See the restored silo that serves as an observation tower and visit an interpretive site preserved to honor the region’s history. Hikers carpooling to the event should meet at Backwoods St. Louis, 9 Fountain Grass Dr., in Lake St. Louis, by 9 a.m. For more information, contact Parks Program Coordinator Bekin Youngblood, at 636-949-7535.
Easter Events and Activities:
- Big St. Charles Motorsports Easter Egg Hunt is Saturday, April 7 at 12 p.m. The Easter Bunny will visit 12-4 p.m. and the Easter Egg Hunt begins at 1 p.m.
- The New Town Adult Easter Egg Hunt is Saturday, April 7 at 7 p.m. at New Town Wedding Chapel, 3420 Civic Circle in St. Charles.
- St. Charles Christian Church hosts an Easter egg hunt at 2:30 p.m. on Saturday, April 7.
- The Eggnormous Hunt, sponsored by Wentzville's 2Rivers Church, is scheduled for April 7 from 1-3 p.m. at John Weldon Spring Elementary School. The event features a 10,000 egg hunt, carnival games, face painting, popcorn and door prizes.
- New Covenant Church at 300 Siedentop Road, Weldon Spring, is hosting an easter egg hunt at 10 a.m. on Saturday, April 7.
- The Immanuel Youth Ministry 5K Walk or Run & Easter Egg Hunt is on Saturday, April 7 at Lutheran High School, 5100 Mexico Rd., St. Peters. Cost is $20 on race day. Registration begins at 7:30 a.m. Easter Egg hunt is at 10:30 a.m.