Week in Review: Man Sells Heroin to Cop, Dish Washer Sets House on Fire and Family-Killer Sentenced
We know you're busy, so here's a roundup of some of the recent stories featured on the four St. Charles County Patch sites—St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch.
Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around St. Charles County? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the four St. Charles County Patch sites — St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch — over the last few days:
- A St. Peters woman is $10,000 richer after downloading an app for her phone.
- A man robbed a woman by holding a knife to her throat, threatening to kill her and burn down her house.
- A third babysitter pleaded guilty to sodomizing children as young as 7 months old in the Tee Kay Mobile Manor area in O'Fallon.
- A St. Peters man exposed himself to a motel clerk Saturday.
- A former St. Peters resident was sentenced to four lifetimes in prison for murdering his wife and three children.
- A faulty dishwasher is being blamed for a house fire in St. Peters.
- A Wentzville burglar was caught thanks to his awkward walk.
- Two brothers and a woman face drug and gun charges after St. Charles County Drug Task Force detectives searched their Wentzville homes.
- Ron Rico Patton, 18, of St. Louis has been sentenced to 24 years in prison for the murder of Daniel Brennan.
- Magic Smoking Monkey Theatre will perform "Stupefy! The 90 Minute Harry Potter" at the Emerson Black Box Theater in December.
- A St. Charles County man faces drug charges after detectives said he sold heroin to an undercover officer in August 2010.
- A St. Peters-based company will pay nearly $400,000 to settle a complaint by the Missouri Attorney General’s office.
- St. Charles residents arrived home Nov. 14 as a 17-year-old man was in their bedroom in the 2800 block of Westminster Drive.
- St. Charles Chill, a minor league hockey team that will play at the Family Arena, unveiled its new logo design this week.
- Michael Hays was appointed and approved to fill the Wentzville Ward 3 seat, which had been empty for a few weeks.
- St. Charles County Executive Steve Ehlmann has tapped Joann Leykum to be the next Director of Administration for St. Charles County.
- An O'Fallon woman is charged with stealing more than $25,000 while working as a controller at Missouri Baptist University.
- On Nov. 24, Wisconsin running back and former Timberland football star Montee Ball broke the all-time career touchdown record in FBS. Now his name is being thrown around in Heisman Trophy circles.
- BabyCenter.com released its list of the top 100 baby names for 2012—and Hashtag was not on the list. See how St. Charles County stacked up.
- The City of O'Fallon is hosting two holiday drives to help families in need this holiday season.
- Two semi trucks crashed on the Boone Bridge, which caused a major traffic block on westbound I-64.
- An O'Fallon man and three St. Charles County residents are accused of stealing $75,000 in office furniture from a company that was changing locations.
- A motorcycle gang member faces drug and handgun charges.