This week O'Fallon Patch brings you a list of five local fish frys to check out during the Lenten season. If you have a favorite and don't see it on our list, let us know in the comment sections below!
- O'Fallon Knights of Columbus Council 2269, offers a Lenten Fish Fry on Fridays from 5-7:30 p.m. They are located at 202 Third Street, one block west of Hwy M (just behind Assumption Church.) Dine in and carry out meals are provided. The price is $11 for adults with discounts for seniors and children. O'Fallon Knights of Columbus offer three to four pieces of breaded deep fried cod and catfish that are fresh not frozen. They also offer home made American and German style potato salads, home made coleslaw, green beens and macaroni and cheese. This week, they'll have spaghetti and next week they'll serve desserts, with diabetic options available. Beverages include iced tea, water and coffee. Hot dogs are available for children. The fish fry also has two bars serving beer, wine, soda and mixed drinks.
- hosts their all you can eat fish fry from 4:30-7:30 p.m. on Fridays. The menu includes Alaskan Pollock with sides of green beans, cole slaw, hush puppies, spaghetti, macaroni and cheese and desserts. Adults are $10 and children are $5. Children under five years of age are free. ICD also offers a drive thru option, which is $8 for adults and $5 for children.
- Sts. Joachim & Ann Church offers catfish, cod and shrimp dinner plates ranging from $8.50 to $6 at their Friday fish frys from 4-7 p.m. Sides include applesauce, cole slaw, hushpuppies, French fries and green beens. Spaghetti, cheese pizza and soups are also available. Diners may eat- in or carry-out.
- St. Charles VFW Post 2866 hosts their fish frys from 3-8 p.m. each Friday. They offer catfish, cod, shrimp, walleye and fried chicken strips. All fish meals come with hushpuppies and a choice of three sides, including french fries, white beans, spaghetti, cole slaw and potato salad. Adult meals are $8 and children are $5.50.
- St. Joseph Cottleville Parish and the Knights of Columbus host fish frys from 4 to 8 p.m. on Fridays with eat-in or take-outs available. The meals are two pieces of fish or eight pieces of shrimp plus two side dishes for just $8.50 and one piece of fish or 4 pieces of shrimp and two sides for $5.50. Side dishes include fries, spaghetti, slaw, hush puppies, macaroni and cheese and green beans. Cheese pizza is also available. Children five and under are free for meals eaten at the hall.