Halloween falls on a Wednesday this year, so most trick-or-treating in 2012 will probably occur on a weekday.
Some events—like Fort Zumwalt's Safe Halloween last week allowed children to trick-or-treat and play games at local high schools on Oct. 25, however neighborhood trick-or-treating will happen on Wednesday.
Parents can bring children under age 10 to historic Main Street in St. Charles from 3-5 p.m. on Oct. 31 where children can trick-or-treat for candy from local shops.
Most young children will begin trick-or-treating just before sunset, while older kids will likely stay out a little longer in the evening. Sunset for Halloween is expected at 6:02 p.m., according to The Weather Channel. The channel's forecast is a high of 61 degrees and a low of 45 degrees, with no rain expected at this time.
See related on Patch:
- Enter to Win Patch’s Best Halloween Costume in America Contest
- 5 Places to Shop For Your Halloween Costume in O'Fallon
- 9 Halloween Events in St. Charles County This Week
- MERS/Goodwill Offers Spook-tacular Halloween Costumes
- 10 Places to Go on a Hayride