*Need volunteers? Email email@example.com to be included in the weekly round-up.
Mayor's Charity Golf Event Application Deadline is Friday, May 24.
The 16th annual Mayor’s Charity Golf Tournament will be held at Bogey Hills Country Club on Monday, Aug. 12, 2013. The entry fee is $200 per person or $800 for a four-person team. Sponsorships are available starting @ $150.
Each year, the Mayor’s Charity Golf Tournament Committee accepts applications from the City of St. Charles 501c3 charities. This year the deadline to submit applications is Friday, May 24 , 2013. To participate in the golf tournament, checks may be mailed to Mayor’s Charity Golf Tournament: c/o Jim Rau, New Frontier Bank, 3773 Elm Street, St. Charles MO, 63301.
If you are a 501c3 non-for-profit organization within the city limits of St. Charles and you would like to obtain a charityapplication, please click this link http://stcharlescitymo.gov/golfapplication.pdf or contact the Mayor’s office at 636-949-3269.
The St Charles County Victims of Crime Assistance Program helps victims of crime through the Criminal Justice System by providing courtroom escorts, keeping victims informed of upcoming court dates, and providing necessary referrals and services as required. Volunteer requirements include:
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
O'Fallon Public Works Fair
Wednesday, May 22
10 a.m.–2 p.m., T.R. Hughes Ballpark parking lot
Volunteers assist as greeters, handing out balloons, assisting kids on and off the train, and more. Contact: Kathy Halstead, Volunteer Services Manager at 636-379-5507.
St. Peters Rec-Plex, Sunday, June 16. Volunteers will help with the water station, registration and directing bikers.
Ambassadors needed for Salvation Army
St. Louis is the host city for the 2013 Salvation Army Family Congress general convention. Nearly 5,000 Salvationists will be in the Gateway City from June 6-9. The organization needs volunteers to assist with:
- Welcome Ambassadors - Registration Distribution 6/6-6/8 (The Peabody and several Downtown hotels)
- Resource Connection Set -Up Helper 6/6 (Hyatt Regency)
- Greeter - Resource Connection Station 6/7 and 6/8
- Cashier - Resource Connection Station 6/7 and 6/8 (volunteer must be at least 18 for the position and pass background check. Previous cash handling experience preferred)
- Welcome Ambassador - St. Louis Zoo Outing 6/8
- 5k Run Assistant - 6/8 Time and Location to be announced
Contact Volunteer Coordinator Sheila R. Davis: 314-646-3166
Help is needed at the Race for the Rivers on August 24th, 2013 at Frontier Park in St. Charles.
Volunteers are needed to sit in a chair at one of the openings to the park and inform people that alcohol is not allowed in or out of the festival area. Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Salvation Army Needs Volunteers for Camp Mihaska
Volunteers are also needed to help Salvation Army staff and families send off kids to Camp Mihaska on Monday, June 17. Duties include:
- checking in arrivals and making sure their information is correct;
- head lice check (gloves and masks provided);
- collecting medications being brought to camp
- collecting and logging money for the sweet shop
- overseeing trips down the hall to the restrooms and water fountain
- getting campers and luggage on the buses and noting which bus campers are riding