As customers walk into Mary’s Morsels, they are greeted by Mary Reynold’s herself.
Dressed in her apron and matching bandana, she says good morning to each customer and takes their drink orders.
The bakery and café, located at 107 O’Fallon Plaza, opened in O’Fallon in March 2012. They serve a full breakfast and lunch menu.
You could say Mary’s Morsels got its beginning’s years ago in the Reynold’s kitchen.
That’s where she discovered her love and talent for baking when her children were young.
Back then she was a stay at home mom who made Christmas baking trays for family and friends.
“For years, everybody was telling me, ‘you need to do this for a living,’” she said.
When her children went to school, Mary went to work for a solar industry company. In 2009, after 18 years with the company, she lost her job.
“I was kind of at a delicate age—not quite ready to retire,” she said.
So she and her daughter Tina teamed up to turn her dream of opening a café into a reality.
The first shop opened in Old Town St. Peters in November 2009.
After three years, business Mary said she and Tina began searching for a new location after seeing a dip in business. They finally settled on O’Fallon Plaza.
“I feel in my heart that this is where we’re supposed to be,” Mary said. “We took some hard hits to get here, but I’m not a quitter. I’ll do everything I can to keep us going.”
Now Mary sees a steady stream of customers and has been able to continue some of her traditions, while experimenting with new ideas.
“We get a lot of compliments, we have some items that we’re kind of famous for,” she said.
Mary’s Morsels is known for their hashbrown casserole, honey cornbread and home-style chicken and dumplings.
They are also home of the Giant Cinnamon Roll and serve a variety of cupcakes, candy, cheesecakes and other desserts all made by Mary and Tina.
On Saturday and Sunday, Mary’s Morsels serves a Country Breakfast Choose Four for $7.99. Mary features a menu board with 12 items for customers to choose from.
Now the mother-daughter team is gearing up for their busiest time of year—the Christmas season.
“We’re really excited for Christmas,” Mary said.
Last Christmas, the Reynolds baked more than 1,200 dozen cookies.
Holiday treats also include:
- 12 different kinds of bulk candy including turtles, peanut clusters, caramel nut clusters
- Novelty candy including: peanut brittle, candy bouquets, edible candy boxes
- Christmas trays including: coffee cake, loaves of bread, muffins, cookies, candy and honey butter
- Hot cocoa in festive mugs with cookies
The shop has also scheduled events to celebrate the holiday season.
Dec. 2 Christmas Open House
- Includes display of cookie tray, bakery platter, Mary's grandmother's cut-out sugar cookies
Dec 7 Storytime with Santa
- Kids and parents can call or come into the cafe to sign-up to hang out to read and eat treats with a professional Santa
To learn more you can call 636-272-1112 or follow Mary’s Morsels on Facebook.
- Tuesday-Friday from 7 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday-Sunday from 8 a.m.-noon for breakfast only
- Extended hours in December