The following information was provided by the O'Fallon Chamber of Commerce.
The O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce is proud to recognize some of the outstanding businesses and leaders in our community.
For several months, chamber members were asked to submit nominations for the awardees. Earlier this month a panel of members discussed each of the nominees and presented the awards at the Dec. 18 Awards luncheon of the O’Fallon Chamber of commerce at the Trigg Banquet Center.
- The Sue Proost O’Fallon Chamber Person of the Year is awarded to an O’Fallon Chamber member who has given back to the O’Fallon Community and the Chamber of Commerce through their leadership, dedication and volunteerism. Jeff Arneson was recognized as the Sue Proost O’Fallon Chamber Person of the Year. Jeff and his wife Liddy are owners of JLJ Technology.
- Jan’s Travel and Cruise is being recognized as the O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce 2012 Small Business of the Year because of their dedication to their clients and the community.
- Mozingo Music was honored as the O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce Business of the Year, because of their service and dedication to the arts in O’Fallon as well as the business district of South Highway K.
- The O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce is proud to recognize Progress West Healthcare Center as the 2012 Large Business of the Year. In 2012 Progress West celebrated their five year anniversary, to add to the celebration, the hospital was awarded several national awards including: the Top Performer Award, as well as five “5 Star” awards in the following areas: emergency department, outpatient, outpatient surgery, obstetrics inpatient services, and outpatient surgery unit/outpatient surgery. Progress West looks to make O’Fallon a healthier, safer community through several of their free programs like the Biggest Loser of St. Charles County and the Safety Stop for babies and children, just to name a couple.
- The O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce is proud to recognize the St. Charles County Ambulance District as the 2012 Community Servant of the Year. The St. Charles County Ambulance District has a focused effort on serving the residents of St. Charles County outside of ambulatory needs. In its focus on the community the Ambulance District has partnered with State Farm for the Halloween Safety Program, hosted the Fill the Ambulance Toy Drive, Raised funds for Cardinal Glennon Children’s Medical Center and EMS Outreach through a charity poker tournament.
- Being honored as the Ambassador of the Year is Brian Richardson. As the first line of contact with the membership of the O’Fallon Chamber the Ambassadors strengthen the membership and programming of the Chamber allowing members a welcoming atmosphere to build relationships and their business. Brian Richardson exemplifies the role of an Ambassador of the O’Fallon Chamber of Commerce.