The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Doug Bolnick, health department spokesman.
Below, find inspection scores of area food service establishments in May and June 2013. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection Page.
- The Brass Rail Steak House (4601 Hwy. K), score 100
- Culpepper’s Grill & Bar (4401 Hwy. K) score 96
- Golden Corral (1302 Bramblett), score 94
- Massa’s Bar & Grill (3072 Winghaven Blvd.), score 94
- Two Shamrocks Public House (3449 Pheasant Meadows), score 94
- Cecil Whittaker Pizzeria (2968 Hwy. K), score 96
- Boardwalk Subs (2758 Hwy. K), score 100
- Papa John’s Pizza (3449 Pheasant Meadows Ste. 102), score 100
- Cappuccinos Coffee Late (1365 Hwy. K), score 100