The will honor veterans with a ceremony at 11 a.m. on Friday at the , 800 Belleau Creek Rd. in O'Fallon.
The public is invited to attend the annual event, that this year will feature two celebrations. The first part of the ceremony will honor veterans.
- Major Joseph Meister of the Air National Guard is the keynote speaker.
- Amy E. Deardeuff, a senior at , will read her entry for the Voice of Democracy contest.
- Laura A. Sigmund, an eighth grader at St. Paul Catholic School, will read her entry for the Patriot’s Pen.
The second part of the ceremony celebrates the 10th anniversary of the dedication of O'Fallon's Veterans Memorial Walk.
- O’Fallon Mayor Bill Hennessy will open the ceremony.
- Master of Ceremonies Paul Arca will introduce the guests of honor.
- Former O'Fallon Mayor Paul F. Renaud address the crowd.
- Vietnam veteran Sheldon Hartsfield, who helped bring the memorial to O'Fallon, will tell the story of how the walk came to be built.
Other Things to Know About Veterans Day in O'Fallon:
- City Hall will be closed on Friday to observe the holiday, but , (RSC) will be open for regular business hours: 5:15 a.m.–9 p.m.
- All curbside trash and recycling normally scheduled for Friday pick up will be collected as usual.