Missouri Special Olympics (SOMO) has updated the total fundraising amount for the 2013 Polor Plunge in Lake Saint Louis to $85,239.
335 dedicated volunteers walk, ran, and sometimes jumped into the icy waters of Lake Sainte Louise at the Community Association Clubhouse last Saturday.
The following fundraising award winners were announced:
- Top Individual 1st Place: Jeff Chapple, $3,709.79
- Top Individual 2nd Place: David Hurst, $3,601
- Top Individual 3rd Place: John Hihn, $2,593
- Top Law Enforcement Agency: Team O'Fallon, $7,221
- Top Group: 4 Terry, $4,575
- Top School: Fort Zumwalt West Middle Wildcats, $3,970
The Golden Plunger Awards, which are awarded by a panel of judges for costuming, were:
Gold: Hot Mess
Silver: Goose Man
Bronze: Ariel & Shark
- Team: Polar Bears
- Law Enforcement: O'Fallon PD Clowns
- Special recognition: Special Olympics athlete Sara Lewis, WCHS Super Heroes