Enjoy traveling without the hassle of driving on great trips planned by the O’Fallon . The spring-to-summer itinerary includes an out-of-town trip with other baseball fans to catch the St. Louis Cardinals playing in Colorado, a relaxing day trip to a lavender farm, and an exciting evening at the spectacular Chinese Lantern Festival.
- Cards versus Rockies – If you love baseball, sign up for this six-day trip and root for our own World Series Champions, the St. Louis Cardinals, when they go to bat against the Colorado Rockies in Coors Field this summer. Meet the motor coach in the Civic Park parking lot at 8 a.m. on Monday, July 30, and return by 5 p.m. on Saturday, August 4. The cost of the trip varies from $1,000 to $1,397, depending on the hotel accommodations selected, and includes deluxe motor coach transportation and luggage handling, tickets to three games, a tour of Coors Field, nine meals, accommodations for five nights (including three nights in Denver), a visit to the scenic Garden of the Gods and other activities, gratuities and an escort. Register now; $100 will reserve your seat, with the balance due by June 17.
- Treasures and Towers – Make reservations for a trip from 2 -10 p.m. on Thursday, June 7, to experience the Chinese Lantern Festival: “Art by Day, Magic by Night,” at the Missouri Botanical Garden. Rarely staged outside of Asia, the Lantern Festival’s elaborate, larger-than-life sets of silk and steel, bold color, and striking design are “art by day,” until illumination at dusk transforms them into “magic by night.” Activities include a tour of scenic Tower Grove Park, a delicious dinner of Thai cuisine at the King and I Restaurant, and the Lantern Festival. The cost of $80 for O’Fallon residents and $90 for non-residents includes roundtrip transportation, an escort, admission, dinner and gratuities. The deadline to register for Towers and Treasures is Sunday, May 6.
- All Things Lavender – Take a trip designed to delight the senses and sooth body and soul at 9 a.m. on Wednesday, June 27. The first stop, the Lavender Farm at Winding Brooks Estate, showcases acres of lavender flowers in bloom. Relax and sip sweet lavender tea, munch lavender pastries and make a fresh lavender wand as a keepsake. Next, enjoy lunch at Joe Boccardi’s Ristorante, and then, for an extra measure of serenity, tour the Black Madonna Shrine and Grottos before returning to O’Fallon by 4 p.m. The cost of $70 for O’Fallon residents and $78 for non-residents includes deluxe transportation, an escort, lunch, a snack and the lavender wand. Registration for All Things Lavender ends Tuesday, May 29.
All trips leave from the parking lot, unless stated otherwise. Register for trips at least one month or more in advance.
- Call 636-474-2732 or 636-379-5606.
- Come to the (RSC) or the Parks and Recreation Administration Office.
- Visit the Parks and Recreation website on the left-hand menu select “Programs,” then “Trips.”
For more information, contact Paula Creech at email@example.com, or call 636-474-8121.