Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in and around St. Charles County? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the four St. Charles County Patch sites — St. Charles Patch, St. Peters Patch, O'Fallon Patch and Wentzville Patch — over the last few days:
- President Obama defeated Republican Mitt Romney in the 2012 presidential election.
- Firefighters worked overnight early Saturday morning to put out a fire at O’Fallon Christian Church on Veterans Memorial Parkway.
- St. Charles County voters turned out on Tuesday to cast their support for Republican Mitt Romney -- and for Democrats Sen. Claire McCaskill and Jay Nixon.
- Meanwhile, voters detailed their wait times at nearby polling places.
- St. Charles County Election Results.
- A St. Charles County man was sentenced Friday to five life sentences after pleading guilty to molesting three children and possessing child pornography.
- John Luby, who was appointed to fill the Wentzville Board of Aldermen's vacant Ward 3 seat in September, resigned because of family issues.
- A prisoner in St. Peters municipal jail briefly escaped from the St. Peters jail Oct. 30.
- A St. Charles man struck his girlfriend with a computer power cord, a belt and his hand.
- The O'Fallon Chamber of Commerce debuted its new office with a ribbon cutting Friday.
- A man stole his neighbor’s car Oct. 29 and drove it to Illinois after the neighbor told him he couldn’t borrow it.
- A former Wentzville tattoo shop owner was sentenced Monday to 20 years in prison.
- A St. Peters man pleaded guilty to six sex crimes.
- It's a bit early, but Missouri Gov. Jay Nixon's name is being bandied about as part of a Democratic ticket in 2016.
- Firehouse Subs is now hiring for the soon-to-open O'Fallon location.
- Walmart plans to have its earliest Black Friday sales event ever.
- Patch, and its parent company, AOL, sent Hurricane Sandy relief trucks to Long Island and New Jersey.