Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in O'Fallon? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the O'Fallon Patch from the last few days.
Ms. Brie's Boutique to Close in O'Fallon
- Ms. Brie's Boutique will close its doors at the end of the month. The shop located at 2307 Highway K, O'Fallon, offered the trendiest items from the West Coast. Owner Shannon Follwell would travel to market in Dallas, Las Vegas and Los Angelas every few weeks to hand-picks the items herself.
Child in O'Fallon Abduction Case Located
- The O'Fallon Police Department issued a press release early this evening to report that Samual Andres, who was the victim in a child abduction case, has been found. Donna Andres, the child's grandmother, was arrested without incident in the 2600 block of Maple Tree Drive in St. Charles.
New Taqueria Moving to O'Fallon
- The old Cappucino's location along Bryan Road will soon reopen as Señora Espiño's Taqueria. The owners of the original Espino's location inChesterfield will be branching out to the new O'Fallon location some time in April. The O'Fallon Espiño's will feature a drive-thru and, unlike the Chesterfield restaurant, will offer breakfast seven days a week, as well as lunch and dinner offerings with appetizers, soups, salads, entrées and desserts.
Mayor Names Eight Citizens to O'Fallon's New Historic Preservation Commission
- O'Fallon Mayor Bill Hennessy has named eight citizens to the Historic Preservation Commission. The commission will identify historic properties in the community, seek grants and advise the city council on historic preservation efforts.
O'Fallon Recognized for Low Crime Rate
- The city has been ranked as having one of the lowest crime rates in the America—for the fourth time. The ranking, based on FBI Uniform Crime Reporting (UCR) data, was included in the bookCity Crime Rankings 2013: Crime in Metropolitan America by CQ Press. O'Fallon ranked third safest on the "Lowest Crime Rate Ranking" for cities with a population of 75,000-99,999.