Too busy last week to stay up to date on all the news happening in O'Fallon? Not to worry. Patch has your back.
In case you missed them, here were some of the top headlines from the O'Fallon Patch from the last few days.
Assumption School Closed Friday After Threat Made on Social Media
- Assumption School in O'Fallon closed Friday after a threat was made against the school via social media. Fox2 News reported this morning that a bomb threat was made via Instagram late Thursday involving three area schools, Assumption in O'Fallon and Immaculate Conception in Dardenne Prairie and Fort Zumwalt West Middle School. Assumption and Immaclate Conception have closed for the day.
Playoffs Sports Bar and Grill Is Open
- Playoffs Sports Bar and Grill opened Tuesday in its new location in O'Fallon Crossing at the intersection of Highway N and Highway K, behind Walgreen's. The bar closed its Crossroads Plaza location in July last year.
Parents Who Caged Their 6-Year-Old Autistic Son Back in Court
- The couple accused of keeping their 6-year-old son in a makeshift cage in the basement of their O'Fallon home were back in court Tuesday, the St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported. Victoria Smith, 42, and Terry Smith, 43, were charged in March this year with felony endangerment of a child. They were released on their own recognizance.
- The O'Fallon Economic Development Department announces numerous companies have received a new business license during the month of March 2013.
O'Fallon Metal Detector Hobbyists Restricted; Must Turn Over Finds
- If you're into metal detecting as a hobby, keep in mind that anything you find in an O'Fallon city park belongs to the city. State law requires found objects to be turned over the entity that owns the land where they were found, and O'Fallon city code now reflects that.