Want to go green? Interested in recylcing? Well you're in luck.
Find out how to recycle everything in O'Fallon. The city of O’Fallon utilizes “single stream recycling” which allows residents to place all of their recyclable items into one container.
View a list of trash and recycling/yard waste days (PDF) for subdivisions serviced by O'Fallon Environmental Services.
The following list of recyclables is acceptable for pick-up:
- Aluminum cans, trays and foil
- Aseptic packaging and gable top containers (milk and juice cartons)
- Steel cans and tins
- Glass bottles and jars
- Plastic containers (#1 PET, #2 HDPE, #3 PVC, #4 LDPE, #5 PP, #7 plastic containers)
- Newspaper, including inserts
- Kraft bags
- Magazines, catalogs and telephone books
- Office, notebook, school, gift wrap and computer paper
- Chipboard such as cereal, cake, food, gift boxes, etc.
- Carrier stock, such as soda, beer can carrying cases
- Mail and junk mail including envelopes
- Paperback books and manuals (No hard cover, please)
These items are NOT ACCEPTED:
- Hazardous materials
- Plastic grocery bags
- Plastic film, sheets, tarps, etc.
- Polystyrene (styrofoam)
For more information on the single stream recycling program, please contact the Environmental Services Department at 636-272-0477.
What did we miss? Tell us where you're recycling, reselling and donating your gently used items.