For kids, the best thing about O’Fallon’s annual Public Works Fair is the chance to sit in the driver’s seat of some of the City’s big equipment, such as a street sweeper, paint striper, recycling truck, snow plow, backhoe and other machinery.
Kids will get that chance at the 8th Annual Public Work Fair, which will be held from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m. on Wednesday, May 22. The fair will be held in the west ballpark parking lot at Tom Ginnever Avenue and T.R. Hughes Boulevard, O’Fallon, Missouri 63366. Admission, parking and activities are free. The event commemorates National Public Works Week May 19-25. Free activities include:
- City Train rides for all ages
- A lunch of hot dogs, chips and water
- Safety awareness games and activities for kids
- Educational material for adults
- A variety of big equipment on display, including a radar trailer (used to measure drivers’ speed), a mini-excavator, a crane and a water main break service truck
- A Drug Take-Back tent sponsored by the City’ Water and Sewer Division for residents to drop off unwanted and expired prescription medications; an O’Fallon police officer will be on hand to answer questions.
Directions: On I-70, take Exit 219 at T.R. Hughes Boulevard and drive north about one mile to the left-hand parking lot at T.R. Hughes Ballpark (corner of Tom Ginnever Avenue). For more information, call O’Fallon’s Street Division at 636- 379-3807, or email firstname.lastname@example.org.