Local food pantries get the benefit of O’Fallon’s Cornucopia of Care Food Drive
O’Fallon-area residents, organizations, schools and businesses are encouraged to collect and donate non-perishable canned or boxed food and personal care items to O’Fallon’s 12th Annual Cornucopia of Care Food Drive. The drive begins Monday, November 5, and continues through Saturday, December 15.
“Local food pantries help community families with children and seniors in need,” said Kathy Halstead, O’Fallon’s Manager of Volunteer Services. “Food and personal care donations also have a ripple effect, helping families stretch their household income to meet heat, housing, transportation and medical bills.”
Items may be dropped off at the following sites:
- O’Fallon Municipal Centre (City Hall), 100 North Main Street 63366
- Renaud Spirit Center, 2650 Tri Sports Circle 63368
- Lindell Bank O’Fallon, 4521 Highway K 63368
- Fox’s Pizza Den, 1120 Technology Drive, Ste. 119 63368
- New Frontier Bank, 5000 WingHaven Blvd. 63368
Donations also are welcome at the following events:
- The Tree Lighting Ceremony at O’Fallon City Hall, 6 – 8 p.m. on November 14
- The Celebration of Lights in Fort Zumwalt Park, November 23 – December 30 (closed December 25); get $1 off admission Wednesday through Sunday with a donation.