With O’Fallon’s winter festival, Cabin Fever Daze, fast approaching, more information has been posted on O’Fallon’s website. The family-friendly event will be held snow or shine, January 25 – 27, in O’Fallon Sports Park, 3589 Highway K, O Fallon, MO 63368. Festival hours will be 4 - 8 p.m. on Friday, noon - 8 p.m. on Saturday, and 1- 5 p.m. on Sunday. Admission and parking are free, and food, beverages and winter-festival merchandise will available for purchase.
- Ice skating all three days on O’Fallon’s first outdoor rink for $5 for a 45-minute session; bring your own skates or rent skates for $1.
- The deadline to enter the Human Dogsled Race has been extended to January 22. The race begins at 2 p.m. on Saturday, January 26, with prizes for winners and best costume. Rules and applications are posted on the City’s website, www.ofallon.mo.us.
- Strap on a pair of snowshoes and trek over the Snowshoe Obstacle Course, free. Weave through a thicket of trees, climb a makeshift mountain, hop a hula hoop hurdle, dribble a soccer ball, duck under a rope and dash for the finish line. Snowshoes and ski poles will be provided, free, by Cabela’s.
- Field Broomball will be available for playing, free. First-come-first-play sign-ups will be available on Saturday, with open play on Sunday. Playing equipment will be provided, free, for this non-traditional version of the game.
- The Kids’ Area will be open 1-5 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday, free, for snowflake-making and other winter-themed crafts. The “Snowflake Lady,” Marion Nichols, will demonstrate the art and fun of snipping intricate paper snowflakes on both days.
- More free fun: watch a fire performer from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. on both Friday and Saturday, and see ice carving demonstrations on Saturday beginning at 2 p.m.
- Don’t miss Fruit Cake Chuckin.’ Bring your own fruit cake or pay a $1 per shot, load the catapult and fire away!
Volunteers are needed in many areas at Cabin Fever Daze! To check out the details and fill out an application, visit the Volunteer Services webpage at www.ofallon.mo.us/Volunteer. Or contact Volunteer Services at 636-379-5507, or firstname.lastname@example.org.