St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within limits of St. Peters.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, find inspection scores for local food service establishments in January and February, 2013. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
- St. Charles Community College Day Care, score 98
- Subway (3949 Mid Rivers Mall Drive), score 89
- The Morgan School, score 100
- QuikTrip (1150 Feise Road), score 100
- Town Square Pub & Grill, score 100
- Quality Inn, score 100
- Mr. Fuel/Aro Systems, score 100
- Travel Centers of America, score 89
- Taco Bell/Pizza Hut, score 93
- Travel Centers of America convenience, score 94
- Popeye's, score 93
- Mario's Donut & Café, score 88
- The Clubhouse Sports Bar & Music, score 100
- Hog Haus Sport Bar, score 96