Westbound I-64 downtown
Drivers on westbound Interstate 64 downtown need to be aware of several lane and ramp closures that are scheduled to start as part of the double deck resurfacing project.
On Thursday night, crews will close all lanes and ramps on westbound I-64 between Broadway and 21st Street at 8 p.m. The detour is to take westbound I-44 to Jefferson and take northbound Jefferson back to westbound I-64. The two right lanes will reopen by 5:30 a.m. Friday.
At 10 a.m. on Friday, crews will again close all lanes and ramps on westbound I-64 between Broadway and 21st Street on the double deck structure. City commuters will be able to access westbound I-64 from Pine Street, Jefferson Avenue or the Market/Compton interchange. The two left lanes will reopen by 5:30 a.m. Monday.
When the lanes reopen, the right lane on westbound I-64 will be closed around the clock. In addition, the ramps from Broadway, 10th Street and 14th Street will be closed around the clock. The ramp from westbound I-64 to 21st/Market Street will only be open weekdays from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.; the ramp to 9th Street will remain open around the clock.
I-70 at Earth City Expressway
Additionally, on I-70 in St. Louis County, two westbound and one eastbound lanes are closed and the ramps from westbound I-70 to southbound Earth City Expressway and from northbound Earth City Expressway to westbound I-70 will be closed from 7 p.m. Friday until 5 a.m. Monday. All ramps will remain open Friday until 30 minutes after the official start time of the Rascal Flatts concert at Verizon Amphitheatre.
I-44 at Elm Avenue
The ramp from Elm to westbound I-44 will close at 9 a.m. Monday, June 30 for up to six weeks as part of a roadway repair project.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October. After Friday, July 27, the 10th Street and 14th Street ramps to westbound I-64 will also be closed until late August.
- I-64, St. Louis City, the ramp from westbound I-64 to 21st/Market Street will only be open weekday mornings from 6 a.m. to 10 a.m.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one westbound I-64 lane will be closed from Broadway to 21st Street around the clock until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, the Wellington bridge closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
- I-44, St. Louis County, one lane closed in each direction from Lewis Road to Antire Road until mid-September 2012. Two lanes in each direction are open in this section around the clock. A third westbound lane opens from 3 p.m. to 7 p.m. weekdays during the evening rush period.
- I-44, St. Louis County, the ramp from Elm to westbound I-44 is closed until mid-September.
- I-270, St. Louis County, all northbound and southbound lanes closed from I-44 to Manchester Road for up to 15 minutes at 10 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. on weekdays until August 2012.
- Route 141, St. Louis County, one lane closed in both directions from Olive Boulevard to Parkway and two lanes closed in both directions from north of Parkway School until St. Lukes Hospital until mid-August
- Baxter Road, St. Louis County, Baxter Road is closed between Route HH and Clarkson, through the summer.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed. Starting July 30, Route M under I-55 will be closed, as will the ramp from Route M to northbound I-55.