Lanes narrowing on I-270
Missouri Department of Transportation crews have begun narrowing lanes on northbound and southbound Interstate 270 between Manchester Road and Interstate 44. Over the next week, motorists will see various night lane closures in this area for asphalt paving operations. The work is scheduled for 7 p.m. to 5 a.m. weekdays and is part of a two-year widening project on I-270.
Painting, patching and striping
Crews will be painting bridges, patching potholes and striping roads throughout the region next week. Motorists are reminded to slow down when approaching work zones or moving operations on the roadways.
Motorists should be aware of the following on-going closures:
- I-64, St. Louis City, the Broadway ramp to westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
- I-64, St. Louis City, one lane of westbound I-64 will be closed until October.
- I-70, St. Louis City, right lane on eastbound I-70 closed from St. Louis Avenue to Broadway until summer 2012.
- I-70, St. Louis City, entrance ramp from 11th Street to eastbound I-70 closed until summer 2012.
- Grand Blvd, St. Louis City, closed from I-64 to Chouteau by St. Louis City until mid 2012.
- Wellington, St. Louis City, closed over the River Des Peres until late 2012.
- I-255, St. Louis County, one right lane closed eastbound on the Jefferson Barracks Bridge until early June.
- Murdoch, St. Louis County, Murdoch over the railroad closed between Big Bend and westbound I-44. The ramps to I-44 remain open.
- I-55, Jefferson County, until November, the ramp from northbound I-55 to Route M is closed.