Week 11 of the winter season is here and it brings plenty of rivalry games.
February begins this week and that means playoff season is right around the corner. State swimming and state wrestling are just a few short weeks away, but they aren't here yet. Before the playoffs can happen, the regular season has to wind down and that means rivalry games are popping up.
This week features city, county and school district matchups. It should be an exciting week around St. Charles County.
Let's see what games are on the schedule.
- Who: (Girls swimming) Fort Zumwalt North vs. Francis Howell
- When/Where: 8:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 1, at the
- Why the big deal?: The Zumwalt North girls swimming will kick off February with a dual against Francis Howell The dual will be the first of back-to-back meets against St. Charles County rivals—the Lady Panthers will take on Zumwalt South on Thursday.
- Who: (Girls basketball) Zumwalt West vs. Cor Jesu
- When/Where: 7:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 31, at the Webster Groves Tournament
- Why the big deal?: The Zumwalt West girls sit atop the GAC South standings with a 4-0 record, but won't get a chance to build on that this week. The Lady Jaguars will spend the week at the Webster Groves Tournament, starting off with a Tuesday game against Cor Jesu.
- Who: (Boys basketball) Zumwalt South vs. Zumwalt North
- When/Where: 6:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 31, at North
- Why the big deal?: Zumwalt South's boys basketball team will look to improve to 4-0 in GAC North in a big-time rivalry game. South (10-10, 3-3) will try to stay atop the conference standing with a road trek against Zumwalt North.
- Who: (Boys basketball) St. Dominic vs. John F. Kennedy
- When/Where: 6:30 p.m. on Wednesday, Feb. 1, at St. Dominic
- Why the big deal?: The top of the AAA standings is a muddled mess and right in the thick of things is St. Dominic. The Crusaders are 5-2 in AAA and will try to make that 6-2 with a game against JFK on Wednesday.
- Who: (Boys basketball) Christian vs. Lutheran St. Charles
- When/Where: 7 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 31, at Lutheran
- Why the big deal?: The Christian boys begin the week on the road, but they won't be too far from home. The O'Fallon school will head to St. Peters to square off against Lutheran St. Charles.