The shooting range at the Busch Memorial Conservation Area will be closed on Tuesday, Sept. 24 for testing.
It will be open again on Friday, Sept. 27, since it is normally closed anyway on Wednesdays and Thursdays.
The site testing is in preparation for range renovations that will be in 2015.
The Missouri Department of Conservation encourages shooters to use other MDC faciities, such as:
- The Jay Henges Shooting Range at I-44 and Antire Road in High Ridge
- Reifsnider State Forest east of Warrenton on Route M in Warren County,
- William R. Logan Conservation Area off State Highway E northeast of the town of Silex in Lincoln County
- Little Indian Creek Conservation Area off Highway A in Washington County, southeast of Sullivan
- Huzzah Conservation Area off Highway E in Crawford County, north of Steelville
For more information regarding the temporary closing of the shooting range, call 636-441-4554. The August A. Busch Memorial Conservation Area Shooting Range is located in St. Charles off Route D, approximately five miles west of Highway 94.