If you're looking for some family fun next weekend, you may want to stop by the Renaud Spirit Center (RSC) in O'Fallon.
Residents of all ages are invited to Renaud Spirit Center’s “RSC Family Fun Fair & Art Expo” on Saturday, Sept. 29.
Attendees will enjoy a day of free exercising, free kids’ activities, live music, food and browsing pieces by local artists at the Art Expo. This is the first year both events are combined for a day full of activities.
"The event is centered around family and the O’Fallon community," RSC Office Manager April Croquart said. "This is our fifth year for the Family Fun Fair portion of the event. By combining our Art Expo this year, we are offering more than ever before."
O'Fallon has hosted the art festival for four years. Cultural Arts Coordinator Darren Granaas said both events were successful in previous years, drawing a crowd between 300-500, but the events were always scheduled back-to-back on a Saturday and a Sunday.
"We thought that by combining the two events, we could pool our resources and offer the public a lot more than two smaller, separate events," Granaas said.
The Family Fun Fair event will feature children’s crafts, a bounce house, petting zoo, pony rides, a rock wall, a 22 foot inflatable slide, a balloon artist, caricature artist and pumpkin painting.
The O’Fallon Fire Protection District and St. Charles Ambulance District will also have with trucks on display so kids can check them out.
Families are welcome to workout or go swimming in the facility all day long for free. RSC Hours are 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. The pool is open from 12-6:30 p.m.
Croquart said the RSC is offering 10 percent off of memberships sold on Sept. 29th.
If you're interested in supporting a good cause while working on your fitness, you can sign up for a Zumbathon during the Family Fun Fair.
Zumba fitness instructors host the work-out dance classes from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. No previous Zumba Fitness experience is necessary anyone is welcome to participate for a $10 donation. All proceeds benefit the Midwest Adult Autism Project.
This year's Art Expo features 15 artists from all over the region, including Jim Koetting, an underwater photographer from O'Fallon.
The "RSC Family Fun Fair & Art Expo" will also have food and drinks available for purchase, raffles, giveaways and more.
The recreation complex is located in O’Fallon Sports Park at 2650 Tri Sports Circle, O’Fallon, MO 63368. Admission and parking are free during the events. The event is sponsored by O'Fallon Patch and the Missouri Arts Council.
Schedule For "RSC Family Fun Fair & Art Expo” on Saturday, Sept. 29:
RSC Family Fun Fair Activities:
- 7 a.m. - 7 p.m. – Free use of exercise facilities: indoor track, weight room, exercise machines, cardio theater, etc. (Age restrictions may apply.)
- 10 a.m. - 1 p.m. – For kids: free children’s pony rides, petting zoo, rock-climbing wall, face painting, inflatables to romp on, and a caricature artist
- 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. – ZUMBATHON; join in this ZUMBA dance marathon for a $10 donation to benefit the Midwest Adult Autism Project (MAAP)
- Noon - 6:30 p.m. – Free swimming for all ages in the natatorium (indoor aquatic complex)
- Free raffles, giveaways, drawings and prizes – Register to win a one-year RSC membership or a one month membership, free ZUMBA session; theater tickets; free swimming lessons; 10% discounts on new memberships
- Bloodmobile – Mississippi Valley Regional Blood Center will be accepting blood donations
Art Expo 10 a.m. – 4 p.m. Activities:
- Booths with original art sold by the artists: sculpture, hand-blown glass, fused glass, photography, painting, jewelry, and more
- Live entertainment – Acoustik Element guitar music, Gary and Carol Bibb original country music, Mojo Universe rhythm and blues, and Monkey Tales Theater
- Bounce house, bounce slide and other inflatables for kids
- Kids art activities – pumpkin decorating, leaf sand art, sun catcher, embossed leaf decoration kit, Painted Pot activities, and a Sun Crown craft provided by Springboard
- Food will be available for purchase
For more information about the RSC Family Fun Fair & Art Expo, call the front desk at 636-474-2732, or visit the website.
To help out with this event, call the Volunteer Services Department at 636-379-5507, or send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.