Opened in 1978 in historic downtown O'Fallon, McGurk's Public House has been voted one of the top 1o Irish pubs in America by restaurateur Tom Horan for five years in a row and, in 2007, was named Missouri's best bar by Esquire magazine.
In addition to above-average pub fare and Irish pints, the sprawling restaurant offers live Irish music, with many artists hailing from the Emerald Isle, seven nights a week. The pub also has an in-house uilleann piper, Tommy Martin.
At nearly 20,000 square feet (including an 8,000-square-foot garden and two outdoor bars), McGurk's is a frequent choice for special events.
- Fax: 636-978-9640
- Hours: Mon - Thu, 11am - 1am; Fri - Sat, 11am - 1:30am; Sun, noon - 10pm
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking is available.
- Founding Date: 1980
- Payments accepted: Cash, MasterCard, Visa
- General services: Eat-in, Take-out
- Menu link: www.mcgurks.com/menu_dinner.php
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: Yes
- Cuisine: American, Irish, Philly Steaks, Sandwiches, Steak House
- Signature dishes: Fish and chips, Guinness stew, corned beef and cabbage, bangers and mash, steaks, fish, rack of lamb, pasta dishes, whiskey bread pudding
- Price level: $$
- Reservations: Accepted
- Features: Banquets, Brunch, Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Elegant, Fine dining, Fun, Late-night, Romantic
- Dress code: Casual