O'Fallon Fire Protection District
The O'Fallon Fire Protection District, located just down the street from City Hall at 119 East Elm Street, has been serving the community since 1906 and became an official district in 1970. The district has 51 paid fire fighters on staff and 42 volunteers who provide fire protection services and emergency response throughout the city. The department engages in the community by offering demonstrations to day care centers and local scout groups and by helping with fundraisers for local organizations such as the Kiwanis Club. They also offer residents assistance with installing smoke detectors, proper infant seat installation and provide a list of fire safety tips on their website.
- Hours: Office: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4:30pm
- Handicap Accessible: Yes
- Founding Date: 1906
- What makes this community special?: Fire Chief Michael Ballman says: How fast the community has grown but at the same time feels like a close-knit community.
- Services: Fire protection, emergency response, public education, fire inspection and assistance with installing smoke detectors and infant car seats
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of firefighters: 51
- Number of trucks: 3
- Fire department services: Engine, Ladder, Rescue
- Type: Professional, Volunteer