O'Fallon is celebrating the season with Fall Fest this coming weekend, October 11 and 12.
The event kicks off with a street dance Friday night. Cover band Trixie Delight provides the tunes in Civic Park from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Admission and parking are free, and concessions are available for purchase.
Come back to Civic park on Saturday for Fall Fest from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
The festival offers live entertainment and vendor booths will offer original items and festival food and drink for sale.
Among the entertainment:
- The Chris Clark Bicycle Stunt Show is sure to thrill onlookers with exhilarating maneuvers honed over years of national and international competition. Chris invites volunteers from the crowd as part of the 30-minute show, and signs autographs afterwards. 1:30 p.m. and 3:30 p.m. in the Lower Field.
- The Spooky Spectacular Stage Show features magic by Keith Leff, named “Magician of the Year” by the International Brotherhood of Magicians, and “Best Magician” in Kansas City three years running. 11:30 a.m. and 3 p.m. at the Gazebo.
- Local author and illustrator Dan Killeen will sign and sell copies of his newest picture book for children, Tillie and Clementine, which is set in St. Louis. www.TillieandClementine.com
- A staple of O’Fallon’s Fall Fest, vendors will sell trendy house and yard decorations, original art and gifts, fall-to-winter holiday items (Halloween to Christmas), and stylish holiday-themed clothing, jewelry and accessories.
- Stop by the O’Fallon Historical Society’s Log Cabin Museum to see an archaeological demonstration, tour the museum (donations are welcome) and learn about the town’s talented first mayor, Fred Jacoby, who owned a drugstore, invented a grain reaper, repaired watches, directed the town band and installed O’Fallon’s first telephone system.
- Purchase great festival food, choosing from beef, chicken and pork kabobs, eggrolls, gyros, crab Rangoon, fried rice, ribbon fries, BBQ pork, beef nachos, hotdogs, sandwiches, baked potatoes, Brazilian fejoida (Brazil’s national dish), peru and pecal (Brazilian entrees), kettle corn, funnel cakes, fruit cobblers, snow cones, cookies, cupcakes, breakfast pastries, smoothies, frozen yogurt, lemonade, fruit juice, sweet tea, gourmet coffee, beer and wine.
- Main Stage Entertainment includes Acoustik Element, 10 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.; Johnny & Ethan, noon to 2 p.m., acoustic bluegrass and country music; The Lodge Brothers, 2:30 p.m. to 5 p.m., bluegrass, acoustic, traditional and old-time music
For more Fall Fest information visit www.ofallon.mo.us/fall-fest or call 636-379-5614.