The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Doug Bolnick, health department spokesman.
Below, find inspection scores of area food service establishments in July and August 2013. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection Page.
- Beth Academy LLC (4301 Keaton Crossing Blvd.), score 95
- Liberty High School (2275 Sommers Rd.), score 95
- Discovery Ridge Elementary School (2533 Sommers Rd.), score 100
- Frontier Middle School (9233 Hwy. DD), score 100
- North Middle School “A” (515 Sonderen St.), score 100
- North Middle School “C” (210 Virgil Drive), score 100
- St. Dominic High School (3151 St. Dominic Drive), score 100
- Ft. Zumwalt West Middle School (150 Waterford Crossing), score 100
- Pheasant Point Elementary School (3450 Pheasant Point Dr.), score 100
- Dardenne Elementary School (2621 Hwy. K), score 100
- Ft. Zumwalt Ostmann Elementary School (200 Meriwether Lewis Drive), score 100
- Ft. Zumwalt Emge Elementary School (250 O’Fallon Pkwy.), score 100
- Westhoff Elementary (900 Homefield Rd.), score 100
- Christian High School (1145 Tom Ginnever Blvd.), score 100
- Ft. Zumwalt North High School (1230 Tom Ginnever Blvd.), score 98
- First Baptist Christian Academy (8750 Veterans Memorial Pkwy.), score 100
- Rock Creek Elementary (8970 Mexico Rd.), score 100