St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within limits of St. Peters.
Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, find links to stories featuring inspections of restaurants throughout the county. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
Following are inspection scores for local ethnic restaurants and other miscellaneous food service locations:
- DBA Thai Kitchen (8632 Mexico Road), score 100
- Asian Café and Bar (1260 Bryan Road), score 94
- Mideast Market (2429 Hwy. K), score 98
- Hunan King (3038 Winghaven), score 100
- 88 China (1326 Sunburst), score 98
- Chinatown Express (8495 Veterans Memorial Parkway), score 100
- Thai Gourmet (4267 Keaton Crossing), score 95
- El Azteca (4265 Keaton Crossing), score 98
- China King (8626 Veterans Memorial Parkway), score 100
- Happy Wok (2942 Hwy. K), score 98
- QuikTrip (955 Bryan Road), score 90
- QuikTrip (955 Bryan Road), score 100
- Buffalo Wild Wings (2352 Hwy. K), score 100
- Fastlane Convenience Store (1001 Tom Ginnever), score 98
- Great Escape Theater (900 Caledonia), score 100
- Fastlane Convenience Store (100 N. Main), score 89
- Walgreen's (9650 Hwy. K), score 100
- Schnuck's (8660 Veterans Memorial Parkway) Deli, score 100; Seafood, score 100; Salad bar, score 100
Check these links for more scores:
- O'Fallon Restaurant Inspection Scores: Fast Food