St. Charles County Department of Community Health and the Environment regularly inspects food service establishments throughout St. Charles County, except for within limits of St. Peters.
Businesses are inspected one to four times a year or after public complaints. "Lower-risk" places, like gas-stations that serve pre-packaged foods, are inspected less often than "higher-risk" places, like a restaurant, said Doug Bolnick, spokesman for the health department.
The establishments begin with a score of 100 and points are deducted based on the severity of problems observed. According to the department's website, a low score does not mean the restaurant was unsafe on the day of the inspection.
"A place could have just one deficiency that garners a relatively 'high' score out of 100, but that the problem is so critical, it forces immediate action – while another may have two or three non-critical deficiencies that would give that provider a lower total score," said Bolnick.
Below, find links to stories featuring inspections of restaurants throughout the county. To look up other scores, visit the health department's Food Inspection page.
Following are inspection scores for area schools and other miscellaneous food service locations:
- Frontier Middle School (9233 Hwy. DD), score 95
- Discovery Ridge Elementary School (2523 Sommers Rd.), score 93
- Dots Tots, DBA Little House Learning Center (1031 Bryan Rd.), score 100
- VFW Post 5077 (8500 Veterans Memorial Parkway), score 98
- Progress West Health Care (2 Progress Point Parkway), score 98
- Renaud Spirit Center (2650 Tri Sport Circle), score 100
- WingHaven County Club (7777 WingHaven), score 100
- Super 8 Motel (987 W. Terra Lane), score 100
- Comfort Inn and Suites (100 Comfort Inn Court), score 84
- Viilla Theresa (206 N. Main), score 100
Check these links for more scores:
- O'Fallon Restaurant Inspection Scores: Fast Food